Location : London, UK
Who we are:
Songkick is the great live music startup. Every day, we come to work excited to help music fans see their favorite artists on tour. Fans track their favorite artists so they never miss them live, and artists sell more tickets to their concerts. We’re going through a period of explosive growth and need your help. We’re now the second-largest concert site on the web after Ticketmaster, and we’ve followed the success of our iPhone app with an Android release. We were one of Spotify’s first dozen launch partners for their app platform. We’ve recently launched Detour – crowdfunding for concerts – and it’s already a big success. We’ve been written up in TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Guardian, Billboard, Music Week, and many more. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, SoftTech VC, and other leading investors.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to help Songkick build products that live up to the awesomeness of seeing your favorite band play live. You’ll be responsible for conceptualizing, defining, and building high-quality products quickly, and you’ll work with a world-class team of designers, developers, and QA to do so. We’re a small team, so there’s lots of opportunity to define the future of product management in growing startup. You’ll report to Michelle, co-founder and head of product.
- You’re a prioritization beast. You’ll sequence and define our immediate roadmap of features.
- Define the requirements for everything we build, making sure that features are what our awesome users want, that our designs are usable, and that requirements are optimized for getting something out the door fast. Defend against feature creep!
- Push product development forward, making sure everyone involved (design, engineering, QA, etc.) has a crystal-clear understanding of what problems we’re trying to solve and the requirements at hand. Whether that’s through clickable prototypes, written specs, daily stand-ups, or interpretive song and dance, you’re not afraid to shake things up to make sure everyone is working efficiently towards a shared goal.
- Define and analyze metrics, both to assess a feature’s success and to articulate its opportunity.
- Be the voice of our beloved users and analyze their needs appropriately for the problem at hand, whether quantitatively or qualitatively.
- Be the go-to expert on products you’ve launched. Know its expected behavior, whether it was successful or not, key metrics, and what improvements should be made.
- 3+ years experience in a product management role. You’ve been through the ropes of launching successful products and you know what it takes to motivate super-talented teams.
- You eat MVP for breakfast and have an otherworldly sense of big wins vs. micro-optimizations.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You can explain your thinking to anyone and can resolve conflicts fairly.
- Curious and creative. You never stop learning or asking questions.
- Analytical. Comfortable with pulling data and building models.
- Experience with user-centered design practices.
- Technical background, degree in CS/engineering/physics/math or equivalent a plus.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- Experience building social or consumer products a plus.