Location : London, UK
Who we are:
Every day, we come to work excited to help music fans see their favorite artists on tour. At Songkick you’ll be an essential part of this mission, and your contributions will be a big part of our success. We’re now the second-largest concert site on the web after Ticketmaster, and we’ve followed the success of our iPhone app with an Android release that has since been featured on Google Play. We were one of Spotify’s first dozen launch partners for their app platform. We’ve been written up in TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Guardian, Billboard, Music Week, and many more. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, SoftTech VC, and other leading investors.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an Interaction Designer to challenge & inspire us with your perception of what’s possible. You will design user experiences and interactions that feel fresh, yet keep a strong sense of what’s usable and pragmatic at heart. We want to work with someone who will change the way we think about design at Songkick.
You’ll be working closely with our razor-sharp team of product managers, designers, and developers to design and ship products that live up to the awesomeness of seeing your favorite band play live. We’re a startup, which means we move fast and are always experimenting with new experiences. You should be unafraid of making important decisions about the future of our product.
- Quickly build prototypes that show what’s possible, which we’ll test with real users in our in-house usability lab. These disposable prototypes are the core of our product development process.
- Prioritize and communicate the user’s needs for everything we build.
- Focus on metrics and shipping fast while designing elegant solutions for the problem at hand.
- Write humane, humorous, and lucid copy for the interfaces and interactions you design.
- Communicate your designs in whatever way is most efficient: you’ll have a keen sense for what needs documenting, when, and how.
- Maintain our component library and question any challenges to its consistency.
- Work with our product team to build the best experiences possible: whether that’s changing a design to adapt to technical constraints or suggesting a new feature that our users will love. There’s no ego on our team and we want to keep it that way.
- A demon with detailed interaction design and an inbuilt pattern library in your brain.
- A stunning portfolio that demonstrates an obsession with great design. We want to see apps and products you’ve built yourself.
- Rigorous attention to detail. When you unleash your logical brain on interaction flows and states, you should scare us a little.
- A love of words and an ardent belief that good writing is at the heart of great interaction design. Prior spelling bee awards a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you can articulate your decisions clearly.
- Ability to think strategically about the product: you can prioritize what’s important and ruthlessly cut anything non-essential.
- We don’t care about how many years experience you have, but you should have seen a project through from conception to launch and beyond.
- Visual design experience a plus.
- Experience across multiple platforms a plus.