Location : London, UK
Who we are:
Every day, we come to work excited to help music fans see their favorite artists on tour. At Songkick you’ll be an essential part of this mission, and your contributions will be a big part of our success. We’re now the second-largest concert site on the web after Ticketmaster, and we’ve followed the success of our iPhone app with an Android release that has since been featured on Google Play. We were one of Spotify’s first dozen launch partners for their app platform. We’ve been written up in TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Guardian, Billboard, Music Week, and many more. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, SoftTech VC, and other leading investors.
What we’re looking for:
From our comprehensive database of everything to do with live music to the business intelligence we use to help us develop new products, data is at the heart of all that Songkick does. We’re looking for someone to help us make sure that we use this data in the best way that we can. The ideal candidate will combine a deep passion for innovative use of data in a real world business context with a high degree of flair, pragmatism and a true hacker mentality. You’ll be analytical in your approach, technically minded and have some experience writing software, but you’ll also be able to relate what you do to business and product decisions and will be comfortable communicating your ideas to people across the full breadth of the Songkick team.
- Work with our product and business teams to identify opportunities to use data to improve Songkick’s existing product offerings, develop new products and services and generally understand our business and the live music market better.
- Help define appropriate metrics and models to ensure that we’re able to understand how our products and services are performing, and advise on strategies for collecting appropriate data.
- Work with the data science team to develop and maintain data products and tools for use both within the data science team and across the broader company.
- Build models based on our data to better understand current trends and predict the likely effects of business decisions.
- Identify cases where there is value in collecting new types data and work with third parties and members of the Songkick team to complete the data acquisition process.
- Automate routine tasks as appropriate to make best use of your time.
- Advise the development team on the technical implementation of any products which make heavy use of data or data analysis technology.
- A highly analytical approach to life. Ability to express business and product questions in precise terms and explore your hypotheses systematically and scientifically.
- A background in data modelling, statistics, business intelligence etc. in a real-world business environment. You will ideally have at least 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- A hacker mentality; the ability to get things done and vigorously apply the 80/20 rule.
- Exceptional communication skills, whether with technical or non-technical team members.
- A strong business sense and appreciation of how your work fits into the decision making process.
- Sufficient experience with software development to automate routine tasks and perform analysis at scale. However, you are not necessarily expected to have professional experience building production quality commercial systems.