Location : London, UK
Who we are:
Songkick is the great live music startup. Every day, we come to work excited to help music fans see their favorite artists on tour. Fans track their favorite artists so they never miss them live, and artists sell more tickets to their concerts. We’re going through a period of explosive growth and need your help. We’re now the second-largest concert site on the web after Ticketmaster, and we’ve followed the success of our iPhone app with an Android release. We were one of Spotify’s first dozen launch partners for their app platform. We’ve recently launched Detour – crowdfunding for concerts – and it’s already a big success. We’ve been written up in TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Guardian, Billboard, Music Week, and many more. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, SoftTech VC, and other leading investors.
What we’re looking for:
Songkick is looking for a gifted mid or senior level developer to join our close-knit and extremely talented technical team. We’re experienced and disciplined, ambitious about building a quality service which brings delight to our users.
We’re looking for self-starters with the ability to take on a range of very hard and intriguing challenges: from developing a world-leading highly scalable destination website, to integrating that service with other platforms – mobile, social networks – to large-scale data acquisition and processing. For you, this presents an opportunity to develop a key role within a team that is growing rapidly.
- Proven experience building awesome web apps.
- Experience building scalable, low latency system architectures.
- Experience of implementing development best practice methodologies: TDD, pair programming, OO design, refactoring.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner, building prototypes fast and evolving these into scalable production-quality systems.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and incorporate them into production software.
- An analytic mindset.
- Experience with UNIX version control and continuous build systems.
A big plus would be…
- Ruby on Rails.
- Agile/lean development practices.
- Contributing to open source projects.
- MySQL, Apache, and automated test tools.
A love of live music is a bonus!