You and one lucky friend could be off to this year’s Governor’s Ball Music Festival on Randall’s Island, New York City, where the likes of Beck, Passion Pit, Modest Mouse and more will be playing.
The two day event is the place to be for epic summer times in New York City. With a rocking schedule, an awesome location and possibly the best line-up announcement video around, (see below..) you don’t want to be doing anything else on 23-24 June:
(if this isn’t enough to make you want to go then we don’t know what will..)
Given that the event’s taking place on an island of sorts, to be in with a chance of winning the tickets, all you have to do is tell us which band/artist you’d most happily be stranded on a desert island with (and why, if you want to stand an extra chance, bonus points if you make us laugh!):
To enter either:
1)Follow us on Twitter (we’ll DM if you win) and tweet us your entry – something like this, just make sure to include the hashtag and both twitter accounts:
Terms and conditions
1. Entries must be via Twitter or Facebook, and entry into the Draw implies acceptance of these conditions
2. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
3. All entries must be received by 13 April 2012. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are incomplete or illegible.
4. The first prize of 1x pair of VIP tickets (where VIP gives you access to VIP Lounge with shade, seating, massage service, and more. Access to special VIP food concessions. Access to special beer, wine and spirits services. Exclusive viewing area at both stages. Access to special VIP restrooms) will be awarded to the individual winner picked at random on 28 March 2012.
5. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Songkick, Governor’s Ball or any person directly or indirectly involved with the festival or any artists on the line-up.
7. All prizes must be accepted as offered.
8. Winners will be notified by either Twitter direct message or Facebook message on 13 April 2012.
9. One entry per person, multiple entries by the same person will not be counted
10. This promotion is hosted and run by Songkick.com, and is no way affiliated with Twitter or Facebook.
11. Transport to and from the festival is not included in the prize, it is the winner’s responsibility to arrange this.
This is where we’ll procrastinate by posting about our latest musical obsessions, report on our concert-going, and tell you all about the cool new stuff we’re making—hopefully the last two in equal measure.