Cool things built with our API
We love seeing all the different things that people do with the Songkick API. Alongside many other use cases (including lots of band websites!), it’s always great when it’s for something that our users have shown an interest in having as an option. If you’ve not checked these out already, here are three that stood out for us this year:
1) RSS feeds for Songkick events
This was built by Mario Menti, and will allow you to get RSS feeds for:
- upcoming gigs you’re going to
- upcoming gigs for a given artist/band
- upcoming gigs for your tracked artists
- upcoming gigs for a specific location
- upcoming gigs for a specific venue
Check it out here: http://acousti.co/songkick
2) Songkick alerts sent to your Twitter account
This was also built by the talented Mario, if you’re constantly hooked up to Twitter then it’s a great way to find out first about upcoming shows for your tracked artists!
Check it out here: http://kickalert.me/
3) Export your gigography
If you want to back up your gig history, or just geek out and play around with it in a spreadsheet, this nifty tool built by Ricky Thakrar is perfect.
Check it out here: http://rickythakrar.co.uk/songkick/export2excel/
You can find out more about the Songkick API here.