Interview with Live Music Blog (Chicago blogger)
Chicago blogger: Live Music Blog
A man after our own heart! A blog entirely devoted to live music. While founder Justin Ward responded to these questions, he stressed that the blog is a group effort, with writers across the country writing great show/festival reviews and reporting on upcoming concerts.
- Name? Justin Ward
- Age? 26
- Occupation? Sales Tech Support at Google.
- How long have you lived in Chicago? Most of my life, until very recently.
- Favorite Chicago venue and why? Metro. Super-diverse lineups, great neighborhood, and great balcony.
- How long have you been blogging? Almost four years.
- How did you choose the name of your blog? When I started, nobody had a dedicated blog about live music. It seemed fitting.
- First concert? UB40 with Gin Blossoms.
- Most recent concert? Tapes ‘n Tapes with White Denim, Fillmore SF
- Most memorable concert? Why? My Morning Jacket at SXSW 2008. I was second row and surrounded by friends and pure excitement.
- Most disappointing? Why? The Shins at Lollapalooza, then subsequently in Chicago. For the first, the sound was horrible enough that the crowd was chanting to “turn it up” to no avail. Then, in Chicago, they played an all-ages show where a lot of the crowd was younger, inexperienced, and overall just not into it. Bummer on both times.
- Dream line-up? Phish, Tortoise, and The Mars Volta sharing one stage in one night, then coming together for a superjam at the end. I can picture the five or six drummers onstage right now…